You can let viewers print content directly from within your ad. For example, a retailer could let viewers print a coupon, or a restaurant could let viewers print its takeout menu. You do this by adding a print action to a text or image overlay in your creative.
Before you start
- Create an In-Banner Video creative, an In-Stream Video creative, or an expanding Rich Media creative. For steps, see Assembling a creative from a template or Assembling a creative from scratch.
- Add a text or image overlay to the Timeline Canvas of your creative. For steps, see Adding a text overlay to a creative or Adding an image overlay to a creative.
- Create the image that you want viewers to print. When you create the image, consider the following:
- The image prints at the size of the original file. The better the quality of the original image, the better the printed image will look.
- If you want viewers to print the same image that you display in your creative, Mixpo recommends that you upload two images of different sizes. Use the small image as the overlay, and use the large image for the content that prints.
- You can add a text overlay with a strong print-related call to action. When a viewer clicks the text overlay, the image is what prints.
- If you plan to display your ad on smartphones or tablets, familiarize yourself with the best practices in Designing mobile browser ads for the iPhone or iPad and Designing ads for a mobile app.
To let viewers print content from an ad
- Navigate to the Division, Account, and Campaign of the creative.
- Click the Campaign Management tab, then click the Creatives tab.
- Click Edit for the creative. The Mixpo Studio opens.
- Select the Timeline Canvas tab.
- Select the text or image overlay that you want viewers to interact with to print content.
- Expand the Actions area, then select Print action.
- You can pause the video when the overlay appears. To do this, select the Auto pause check box.
- Click Choose image. The Media Library opens.
- To upload an image to your Media Library, click Campaign media, then click Upload media to Library. Upload the image that you want viewers to print.
- Select the image that you want viewers to print, then click Add media.
- Click Save.
- To test that the creative appears the way that you want it to, return to the Mixpo Platform and click Preview.