You can quickly add eye-catching animation effects to an image in your ad with the Image Effects widget. You can also specify what happens when a viewer clicks the widget, in the same way you assign actions to an image overlay.
The widget's animation continues when a viewer pauses the ad.
Before you start
- Create an In-Banner Video creative, an In-Stream Video creative, or a Rich Media creative. For steps, see Assembling a creative from a template or Assembling a creative from scratch.
- Create the image that you want to display. To make sure that the live ad is optimized for mobile devices, the image should be at least 44 × 44 pixels, so that it is big enough for viewers to tap. For information about the types of images that you can upload, see Supported file formats.
To add an Image Effects widget to a creative
- Navigate to the Division, Account, and Campaign of the creative.
- Click the Campaign Management tab, then click the Creatives tab.
- Click Edit for the creative. Mixpo Studio opens.
- Add the widget to your creative:
- Select the canvas tab that you want to add the widget to.
- Click the Overlays tab, then click Widget.
- Click Our stock library.
- Select the Image Effects widget, then click Add media. The widget is added to your creative.
- Select the Image Effects widget. In the settings area, new widget options appear.
- In the Overlay name field, type a name for the widget. The name is displayed in reports about the widget.
- Depending on how you want the ad to respond when viewers interact with it, select from the following:
- If you want to draw viewers' attention to your ad, you can allow the ad to expand when a viewer interacts with any area of the ad, including the Image Effects widget. Select the Enable built-in mouse actions check box (default).
- If you want to provide a full experience in your ad using a variety of overlays and interactive behavior, you can assign an action to the Image Effects widget, such as opening a panel. When the viewer clicks outside the Image Effects widget, the ad opens a new webpage. To do this, clear the Enable built-in mouse actions checkbox. Expand the Actions area, then select the desired behavior from the Actions list. For background information and steps to configure actions, see Specifying what happens when viewers interact with ads.
- To choose an image, do the following:
- Click Add images.
- Click Campaign media, then click Upload media to Library. Upload the image to your Media Library.
- Select the image, then click Add media.
- To change the size of the widget, click and drag the sizing handles on the corners of the widget.
Note: To make sure that the live ad is optimized for mobile devices, the widget should be at least 44 × 44 pixels, so that it is big enough for viewers to tap. If you added the widget to the Timeline Canvas tab, leave at least 44 pixels between the widget and the bottom of the creative, so that viewers can tap the video player controls.
- By default, when the widget is initially displayed and when the image animates off the widget, a solid colored rectangle the size of the widget is displayed. You can change the color of the rectangle, or hide the rectangle and display the content underneath the widget. Select from the following:
- To display a solid colored rectangle before the animation starts and when the image animates off the widget, select Color from the Background drop-down list, then select a Background color.
- To hide the widget when the image is not displayed, select Transparent from the Background drop-down list.
- From the Image effect drop-down list, choose an animation effect for the image, such as lens flare.
- From the Play count drop-down list, select the number of times you want the image to animate in. Regardless of the number that you select, the image is always displayed when the animation finishes.
- In the Effect Durations area, specify the timings for the image animation effects, as follows:
- Delay until initial animation: Number of seconds until the image animation starts. Before the animation starts, the background is displayed.
- Entrance animation (seconds): Number of seconds that it takes for the image to animate in.
- Exit animation (seconds): Number of seconds that it takes for the image to animate out.
- Showing image (seconds): Number of seconds that you want the image to appear.
- Hiding image (seconds): Number of seconds that you want the background to appear.
- If you added the widget to the Timeline Canvas tab, specify how you want the widget to appear in your video sequence. Do the following:
Tip: You can also drag the widget on the visual timeline to adjust the timing. For steps, see Adjusting the timing of video content using the visual timeline.
- From the Enter and Exit drop-down lists, select the entrance and exit animation effects.
- In the Duration field, type the number of seconds that you want the widget to appear for.
- In the Start time field, type the number of seconds into the video that you want the widget to appear.
- Click Save.
- To test that the creative appears the way that you want it to, return to the Mixpo Platform and click Preview.