You can display In-Banner Video ads, Rich Media ads, or Image ads in a mobile app.
When you create an ad that you want to display in a mobile app, consider the following best practices:
- Best practices for assembling a creative for a mobile app
- Best practices for configuring a placement for a mobile app
For steps to target multiple creatives in a single ad based on the type of device that a viewer watches the ad on, see Targeting creatives based on the viewer's device type.
- Confirm the dimensions of the banner ad in the app where the ad will run. Simple, uncomplicated images yield the best results.
- The StartFrame (the content that viewers see before they interact with your ad) is displayed in a banner ad space in a tablet app. The app developer specifies the actual dimensions of the ad. Typical sizes include a 300 × 250 rectangle or a 768 × 60 leaderboard.
- Include a call to action on the StartFrame that encourages viewers to expand the ad. If viewers don't see a call to action, such as a "tap to expand" message or a play button, they might not realize that the ad includes additional content. You design the StartFrame on the Interactive Display tab in Mixpo Studio.
- Use a mobile-optimized website for any clickthrough URLs.
- To enhance the ad experience and encourage viewer engagement, include interactive widgets. For steps, see Adding interactive widgets to a creative.
- When an ad expands, the video plays in full screen. The ad is automatically resized for the device that it plays on.
- To track in-app traffic and browser-based traffic separately, create one placement for the in-app ad and another placement for the browser-based ad, then assign the same creative to both placements. You can compare and analyze performance for each placement. When you update the creative, both placements are automatically updated with the new creative.