You can view an overview of your campaign's performance with two reports, the Campaign Summary Snapshot and the Advanced Performance Snapshot. Both snapshot reports are professionally formatted PDF reports that you can send to your advertiser to demonstrate the effectiveness of your ads.
For example, you can establish a baseline by running the report at the beginning of a campaign, then schedule the report to run weekly for the life of the campaign to actively monitor the health of the campaign.
The Campaign Summary Snapshot includes data such as:
- Number of impressions
- Number of viewers who played the videos or expanded the ads
- Clickthrough rate (CTR)
- Percentage of the videos that viewers watched
- Viewer engagement with interactive content in ads
You can include performance data for each ad on the Campaign Summary Snapshot, including a link to a preview of the ad, so this report is useful if you want to compare the effectiveness of different ads.
The Advanced Performance Snapshot is useful if you want to drill down into greater detail. The report includes the same aggregate data as the Campaign Summary Snapshot, plus you can include the following additional data:
- Impressions per day
- Impressions by device type
- Top 20 websites that received impressions
- Top 20 designated market areas (DMAs) that received impressions
- Map of impressions by DMA
Note: The Advanced Performance Snapshot includes data at a campaign level, rather than by each ad.
A glossary that defines the metrics displayed on the report is included by default with the Campaign Summary Snapshot. You can choose to include a glossary with the Advanced Performance Snapshot.
Note: Depending on the types of ads in your campaign, the specific metrics included on each report change.
To create a performance overview report
- Navigate to the Division, Account, and Campaign that you want to report on.
- Click the Analytics tab.
- Click Export data, then select Create standard report.
- In the Standard report field, type a name for the report.
- From the Date range drop-down list, select the date range that you want to analyze.
- Expand the Select Report Type area, then select the type of report that you want to generate, as described above.
- Depending on the type of report, you can include additional data. Expand the Customize Content area, then select the additional data that you want to include:
- Campaign Summary Snapshot:
- Include ad-level performance: Includes detailed performance data for each ad, as well as a thumbnail of the ad that links to the preview page. Selecting this check box is helpful if you want to analyze individual ad performance or understand how an ad's creative influenced the ad's performance.
- Include Mixpo logo: Displays the Mixpo logo at the top of the report.
- Include only ads with 1000+ impressions: Includes data only for ads that have more than 1,000 impressions. Selecting this check box is helpful if you are running the report across many ads, and want to limit the report to trafficked ads.
- Advanced Performance Snapshot:
- Impressions delivery by day: Includes a graph with the number of impressions per day.
- Impressions delivery by device type: Includes data about the number of impressions by device type, such as desktop computer, tablet, or smartphone. Each category is broken down into further detail, such as web browser type for desktop computers, smartphone brand, and so on.
- Top 20 sites: Includes key performance data for the 20 websites that received the most impressions.
- Top 20 DMA: Includes key performance data for the 20 designated market areas (DMAs) that received the most impressions.
- Impression map: Includes a map of impressions by designated market area (DMA).
- Glossary: Includes definitions of the metrics displayed on the report.
- Campaign Summary Snapshot:
- By default, data for all placements and all creatives is included in the report. (Each ad that a viewer sees consists of two parts: the visual content of the ad, called a creative, and information about where and how the ad is trafficked, called a placement. For background information about placements and creatives, see Creating a placement and Assembling a creative from scratch.) You can select which placements and creatives you want to analyze. Do the following:
- Expand the Filter Data area.
- To select which placements you want to include on the report, click the Placements search box, then select the check box next to each placement that you want to include. You can also search for placements by typing a name in the search box.
- To select which creatives you want to include on the report, click the Creatives search box, then select the check box next to each creative that you want to include. You can also search for creatives by typing a name in the search box.
- To create a delivery schedule for the report, expand the Schedule Report area, then do the following:
- From the Send drop-down list, select when you want to run the report. If necessary, specify the date, day of week, or last day that you want the report to run. To generate a one-time report, select Manually.
- In the Email address field, type the email address of each person who you want to send the report to. Separate each email address with a comma.
- Click Save. Depending on the delivery schedule that you selected, choose from the following: Note: If you don't receive an email message containing the report, check your junk email settings.
- If you selected the one-time report delivery option, or if you want to receive a copy of the report immediately, click Run. Depending on the amount of data in the report, it might take a few minutes for the report to generate. When the report is finished generating, a download link is displayed.
- If you selected an automatic delivery schedule, each recipient will receive the report by email on the next date that the report is scheduled to run, and then regularly according to the schedule that you chose.
- To return to the Analytics tab, click Return to Campaign Dashboard.