Conversion tracking allows you to determine what viewers do after they click your ad, such as buy a product from your website. Conversion tracking is also a powerful tool for comparing the ability of different ads to drive sales.
If you enable conversion tracking, you can analyze conversion rates based on impressions, views, and clicks, compare conversion rates between ads, or track conversion trends over time. For background information about conversion tracking, see Tracking conversions.
The report includes data such as:
- Number of viewers who landed on the webpage where the ad is embedded and then visited a conversion page (conversions from impressions)
- Number of viewers who watched the ad and then visited a conversion page (conversions from views)
- Number of viewers who clicked the ad or an overlay in the ad to open a conversion page (conversions from clicks)
- Conversions by date, creative, placement, and ad
- Website that the ad is embedded in
- Optionally, conversion data on a day-by-day basis
Note: Depending on the types of ads in your campaign, the specific metrics included on the report change.
The report is downloaded as a comma-separated values (CSV) file, which you can open with a spreadsheet program such as Microsoft® Excel®.
Before you start
- Make sure that conversion tracking is enabled for your Campaign. For steps to enable conversion tracking, see Tracking conversions.
Tip: When you first enable conversion tracking, preliminary conversion metrics are available within about five minutes. Full reporting is available within 24 hours.
To analyze conversion tracking results
- Navigate to the Division, Account, and Campaign that you want to report on.
- Click the Analytics tab.
- Click Export data, then select Create standard report.
- In the Standard report field, type a name for the report.
- From the Date range drop-down list, select the date range that you want to analyze.
- Expand the Select Report tType area, then select Conversion Tracking Report.
- If you want to analyze conversions by day, expand the Customize Content area, then select the Breakdown by day check box.
- By default, data for all placements and all creatives is included in the report. (Each ad that a viewer sees consists of two parts: the visual content of the ad, called a creative, and information about where and how the ad is trafficked, called a placement. For background information about placements and creatives, see Creating a placement and Assembling a creative from scratch.) You can select which placements and creatives you want to analyze. Do the following:
- Expand the Filter Data area.
- To select which placements you want to include on the report, click the Placements search box, then select the check box next to each placement that you want to include. You can also search for placements by typing a name in the search box.
- To select which creatives you want to include on the report, click the Creatives search box, then select the check box next to each creative that you want to include. You can also search for creatives by typing a name in the search box.
- To create a delivery schedule for the report, expand the Schedule Report area, then do the following:
- From the Send drop-down list, select when you want to run the report. If necessary, specify the date, day of week, or last day that you want the report to run. To generate a one-time report, select Manually.
- In the Email address field, type the email address of each person who you want to send the report to. Separate each email address with a comma.
- Click Save. Depending on the delivery schedule that you selected, choose from the following:
- If you selected the one-time report delivery option, or if you want to receive a copy of the report immediately, click Run. Depending on the amount of data in the report, it might take a few minutes for the report to generate. When the report is finished generating, a download link is displayed.
- If you selected an automatic delivery schedule, each recipient will receive the report by email on the next date that the report is scheduled to run, and then regularly according to the schedule that you chose.
- To return to the Analytics tab, click Return to Campaign Dashboard.