You can analyze ad performance based on the geographic location of viewers with the Geotargeting Report. When you enable geotargeting, you deliver different content in the same ad based on each viewer's location, such as their city, zip code, or designated market area (DMA). For example, you can display the phone number of a local sales agent in each viewer's city. For background information about geotargeting, see Targeting ads based on viewer location.
The Geotargeting Report includes data such as:
- Number of impressions, views, average percentage viewed, and so on, for different geotargeting variables
Note: Depending on the types of ads in your campaign, the specific metrics included on the report change.
The report is downloaded as a spreadsheet, which you can open with a program such as Microsoft® Excel®.
Before you start
- Create a geotargeting profile and enable geotargeting for each ad that you want to report on. For steps, see Targeting ads based on viewer location.
To report on performance by geographic location
- Navigate to the Division, Account, and Campaign that you want to report on.
- Click the Analytics tab.
- Click Export data, then select Create standard report.
- In the Standard report field, type a name for the report.
- From the Date range drop-down list, select the date range that you want to analyze.
- Expand the Select Report Type area, then select Geotargeting Report.
- By default, data for all placements and all creatives is included in the report. (Each ad that a viewer sees consists of two parts: the visual content of the ad, called a creative, and information about where and how the ad is trafficked, called a placement. For background information about placements and creatives, see Creating a placement and Assembling a creative from scratch.) You can select which placements and creatives you want to analyze. Do the following:
- Expand the Filter Data area.
- To select which placements you want to include on the report, click the Placements search box, then select the check box next to each placement that you want to include. You can also search for placements by typing a name in the search box.
- To select which creatives you want to include on the report, click the Creatives search box, then select the check box next to each creative that you want to include. You can also search for creatives by typing a name in the search box.
- To create a delivery schedule for the report, expand the Schedule Report area, then do the following:
- From the Send drop-down list, select when you want to run the report. If necessary, specify the date, day of week, or last day that you want the report to run. To generate a one-time report, select Manually.
- In the Email address field, type the email address of each person who you want to send the report to. Separate each email address with a comma.
- Click Save. Depending on the delivery schedule that you selected, choose from the following:
- If you selected the one-time report delivery option, or if you want to receive a copy of the report immediately, click Run. Depending on the amount of data in the report, it might take a few minutes for the report to generate. When the report is finished generating, a download link is displayed.
- If you selected an automatic delivery schedule, each recipient will receive the report by email on the next date that the report is scheduled to run, and then regularly according to the schedule that you chose.
- To return to the Analytics tab, click Return to Campaign Dashboard.