You can open a webpage when a viewer clicks a text or image overlay in your ad by associating a clickthrough action with the overlay.
Clickthrough actions are most effective when they give viewers a compelling reason to click. For example, an overlay could invite viewers to "See Our Complete Menu" or purchase "Fitness Equipment 50% Off!"
The clickthrough URL that you assign to a specific overlay overrides the settings that you specify when you create a creative.
Before you start
- Create an In-Banner Video creative, an In-Stream Video creative, or a Rich Media creative. For steps, see Assembling a creative from a template or Assembling a creative from scratch.
- Add a text or image overlay to your creative. For steps, see Adding a text overlay to a creative or Adding an image overlay to a creative.
- If you plan to display your ad on smartphones or tablets, familiarize yourself with the best practices in Designing mobile browser ads for the iPhone or iPad and Designing ads for a mobile app.
To open a webpage when a viewer clicks an overlay
- Navigate to the Division, Account, and Campaign of the creative.
- Click the Campaign Management tab, then click the Creatives tab.
- Click Edit for the creative. The Mixpo Studio opens.
- Select the canvas tab that the text or image overlay is on.
- Select the overlay.
- Expand the Actions area, then select Clickthrough.
- If the overlay is displayed on a video, you can pause the video when a viewer clicks the overlay. To do this, select the Auto pause check box.
- In the text box, type the address of the webpage that you want to open when a viewer clicks the overlay. If you do not provide an address, the website that you specified when you created the creative will open.
- Specify where you want the link to open:
- Open link in new window: The webpage opens in a new browser window (default).
- Open link in same window: The webpage opens in the same browser window, replacing the ad content. Typically, you should only use this setting at the end of an ad.
- Open link in modal window: The webpage opens in a frame on top of the page where the ad is displayed.
Note: Modal windows are available for viewers using desktop computers with a web browser that supports Adobe® Flash®.
- Click Save.
- To test that the creative appears the way that you want it to, return to the Mixpo Platform and click Preview.