You can gather information from your viewers—for example, to generate leads—using the Form Builder widget.
When a viewer selects a field in the form, the video pauses. All other widgets continue to animate. The viewer's experience after they submit the form varies depending on whether you include a confirmation message.
You can use the widget with very little configuration. However, Mixpo recommends that you adjust the appearance of the widget to visually match the other components in your creative.
- Create an In-Banner Video creative, an In-Stream Video creative, or a Rich Media creative. For steps, see Assembling a creative from a template or Assembling a creative from scratch.
- Determine the information that you want to collect from your viewers.
- If you want to display a custom submit button on your form, create the images to display. You can display the following images for a button, depending on how the viewer is interacting with the button:
- An image that displays until the viewer interacts with the button (the Up state).
- An image that displays when the viewer moves their cursor over the button (the Over state).
- An image that displays when the viewer clicks the button (the Down state).
- An image that represents the clickable area of the button (the Hit state). This image is not visible to the viewer.
- If you want to display an image as a confirmation message when a viewer submits the form, create the image to display.
- If you want to include a legal disclaimer, draft the language that you want to display. The character limit is 200 characters, although you can include a link in HTML format to another webpage.
To add a Form Builder widget to a creative
- Navigate to the Division, Account, and Campaign of the creative.
- Click the Campaign Management tab, then click the Creatives tab.
- Click Edit for the creative. The Mixpo Studio opens.
- Add the widget to your creative:
- Select the canvas tab that you want to add the widget to.
- Click the Overlays tab, then click Widget.
- Click Our stock library.
- Select the Form Builder widget, then click Add media. The widget is added to your creative.
- Select the Form Builder widget.
- In the Overlay name field, type a name for the widget. The name is displayed in reports about the widget.
- To change the size of the widget, click and drag the sizing handles on the corners of the widget.
Note: To make sure that the live ad is optimized for mobile devices, the widget should be at least 44 × 44 pixels, so that it is big enough for viewers to tap. If you added the widget to the Timeline Canvas tab, leave at least 44 pixels between the widget and the bottom of the creative, so that viewers can tap the video player controls.
- Add a field to your form for each piece of information that you want to collect from your viewers. In the Fields area, do the following:
- In the Field name field, type the information that you want viewers to provide. For example, Email address.
- If you want to require viewers to fill out the field, select Required.
Warning: Always designate at least one required field, to prevent your viewers from submitting a blank form.
- To allow viewers to enter line breaks in their responses or provide a paragraph of text, select Multiline. Viewers are able to scroll when they provide a long response. The Multiline field is useful if you want to ask your viewers for lengthy information such as a mailing address or freeform comments.
- To add additional fields to your form, click + (the plus sign), then adjust the field settings as needed.
- Adjust the look and feel of your form by selecting the label type, colors, and so on in the Styles area. You can preview your changes in the editing canvas.
- To display a custom submit button, select Customize submit button. Click Campaign media, then click Upload media to Library. Upload an image for each button state, as described in Before you start.
- You can display a confirmation message after a viewer submits the form. Your decision whether to include a confirmation message is based on your desired ad experience, including whether you want the same viewer to be able to submit a form multiple times. In the Confirmation Message area, select the type of confirmation message from the Options drop-down list, as follows:
- Text: A written message is displayed after the user submits the form. The message remains on the ad and functions as "dead" space. Select Text from the drop-down list, then update the Message and choose a Text color.
- Image: An image is displayed after the user submits the form. The image remains on the ad and functions as "dead" space. Select Image from the drop-down list, click Add images, then upload the image that you want to display.
- None: No confirmation message is displayed. When the viewer submits the form, the fields are cleared and the video continues to play. The viewer can fill out and submit the form multiple times. Select None from the drop-down list.
- Specify whether your form requires a disclaimer:
Tip: The disclaimer field is a standard text field, so you can use it to include information about the form that might be relevant to your viewers, such as brief instructions.
- If your form doesn't require a disclaimer, clear the Include disclaimer check box.
- Specify whether your form requires a disclaimer:
- If you want to include a tracking pixel URL that fires when a viewer submits the form, type the URL in the 3rd party tracking field. To add additional URLs, click + (the plus sign), then type an additional URL.
- If you added the widget to the Timeline Canvas tab, specify how you want the widget to appear in your video sequence. Do the following:
- From the Enter and Exit drop-down lists, select the entrance and exit animation effects.
- In the Duration field, type the number of seconds that you want the widget to appear for.
- In the Start time field, type the number of seconds into the video that you want the widget to appear.
- Click Save.
- To test that the creative behaves the way that you want it to, return to the Mixpo Platform and click Preview.